I’m no baker, that’s for sure. Send me into the kitchen to bake soft, round cookies and I’ll come back out with amoeba-shaped hockey pucks. But Christmas cookies are delicious and are one of my favorite desserts of the calendar year. I’d have to say my favorite are the frosted sugar cookies — clearly, one of the most popular kind there is.
Here’s a few resources for those with more luck wearing the chef’s hat than I do.
- 6 awesome cookie recipes to show off at your holiday cookie party
Tired of traditional gingerbread and run-of-the-mill meringues? These creative and tasty cookie recipes will make you the star of your holiday cookie party.
- 21 Christmas cookie recipes to make your holiday parties brighter
Here are 21 of our all-time favorites that are perfect for your holiday parties, Christmas cookie exchanges and office celebrations.
- Chocolate Chip Candy Crush Christmas Cookies
Add some smashed up candy canes to a classic chocolate chip recipe for Christmas cookie magic.
- Christmas cookie recipe: Brown sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting
Brown sugar cookies are made with brown sugar and topped with a cream cheese frosting.
- Recipes for our top holiday cookies
Italian Almond Cookies, Tart and Sassy Cranberry Lemon Drops, Chocolate peppermint cookies, Macadamia Nut Tarts, Espresso-Hazelnut Truffle Cookies.
- Christmas cookie recipes: Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Double Chocolate Cherry cookies have a swirl of ganache on the top.
- Christmas Cookie Recipes: 20 Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies were probably at your family’s holiday dinners, frosted with colourful icing and topped with more sugar. From trees to snowflakes to ornaments, you can craft sugar cookies into whatever you want.
- Easy slice-and-bake cookie recipes for busy holidays
In 10 to 15 minutes, you can make the dough and shape it into logs. Then refrigerate for a few days or freeze for up to three months. When you have more time — or unexpected guests at the door — slice, bake, and go.
- 27 holiday cookie recipes to sweeten the season
From fudgy walnut cookies to brownie-stuffed chocolate chip cookies, it’s time to get baking.
- 12 Days of Christmas: An easy way to have freshly baked cookies any time
Who has the time to whip up a batch of cookies every time a guest shows up at your door? Or every time you get a craving? Actually, if you rely on these refrigerator cookies, you do!